The natural cosmetics is a alternative to conventional cosmetics and is characterized by being made with natural ingredients . Today, its consumption has grown since the cosmetics that we usually buy anywhere is loaded with chemicals and every time there are more people who have allergies or intolerance to them or who, simply, does not want to poison his skin .
There are different brands that offer natural cosmetics already prepared that are organic organic and , sometimes, suitable for vegans . I sometimes put it because natural cosmetics can sometimes carry honey or cochineal carmine so care must be taken. To be clear about what is consumed, many people are starting to make their own cosmetics . You have to do a initial investment but with bicarbonate vinegar coconut oil and some essential oil are They can do wonders.
Why make your own natural cosmetics?
There are many reasons to make homemade cosmetics but we will summarize them in four that seem the most important:
1. If you are vegan or vegan making your own natural cosmetics will guarantee you always know that you are not consuming anything of animal origin or that is not cruelty free . This can be complicated if you do not buy in vegan stores, since sometimes there are products without ingredients of animal origin but that have been tested on animals or products with the stamp of cruelty free they carry ingredients of origin animal (this also happens sometimes in natural cosmetics brands since they resort a lot to milk, honey or products of animal origin).
2. If you are worried the environment can make you happy make your own cosmetics since you will not generate so much waste and you can always reuse the containers . Today there is the super production of plastic that is destroying the Planet so this may be a pretty important reason. There are many cosmetic zero waste recipes that are worth trying.
3. You will save money . It is true that sometimes you can be lazy having to invest in things that you have just discovered that exist. Or to buy coconut oil to make a toothpaste that in mercadona would cost you one euro. You have to think that will eventually be profitable since the recipes usually need a very small amount and in the end it will be more profitable than going to any low cost. In addition, you can also use resources that you already have at home. A recipe that is great for not throwing away used oil is homemade soap.
4. You will be in harmony with nature and you will live free of toxic . Most ingredients you use will sit much better than those you can buy made in any mall and drugstore, although it is true that there are many brands that use only natural ingredients and that are great. The fact is that knowing what you consume and not washing your hair with products that you do not even know what they are, can have many advantages.
If you search the net there are many natural cosmetics recipes : from soaps, shampoos, toothpaste, deodorants, creams, makeup, etc. Let's see a few:
This recipe we have taken from Best With Health where they have quite more interesting:
- Salt – 1 tablespoon
- Sodium bicarbonate – 4 tablespoons
- Oxygenated water or hydrogen peroxide (3%) – 3 tablespoons
- Aromatic herbs such as sage, mint, stevia, lavender, spearmint, etc. – select the leaves and finely chop them
This recipe is also from Better With Health and to do it you just have to mix until getting gel texture:
- Coconut oil
This recipe we have taken from the blog Orgránico and has 5 ingredients You can also make simpler ones with corn starch, bicarbonate and essential oils. We have selected this recipe because it is breathable:
- Arrowroot powder (2 tablespoons)
- Sodium bicarbonate (1 tablespoon)
- Coconut oil (1 spoonful)
- Shea butter cream (1 spoonful)
Essential oil (choose your favorite essential oil) (4-5 drops)
The ingredients are mixed in a water bath except for the essential oil that is added when you take it out. Then put it in the chosen container and let it cool.
There is a widespread fashion of not using shampoo because of the amount of chemicals it contains that is known as No Poo . To pass you have to pass a small transition and replace it with bicarbonate or vinegar. The testimonies of people who claim to have much better hair since they do not use shampoos abound. Basa with mix in a pot:
We can make dry shampoo with only one ingredient: cornstarch . The procedure is the same as in those that we can buy, only without spray. You have to throw it through all the hair and then remove the remains with a comb.
Homemade soap with reused oil
This recipe is great since oil is something that we usually use every day and often we do not know what do with it. The oil is very good for cooking but usually pollutes quite a lot and there are few pick-up in cities . Reusing it to make soap is very simple: it is enough to mix used oil with water, caustic soda and some aroma (optional). Be careful when handling soda and it is recommended that it does not come in contact with the skin. The ingredients they recommend in Veoverde are:
- 2 1/2 liters of used and cast oils.
- 2 1/2 liters of water.
- Caustic soda, 1/2 kilo ( if it is going to be used to wash clothes) or 330 gr (if cosmetic use is going to be made).
Aloe Vera Mask
This recipe from Biobeauty is very simple and has only two ingredients:
- 6 drops Aloe Vera
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
What did you think of this item? Do you dare with natural cosmetics? Which recipe did you like the most?
We remind you that in this link you can find related content in News of the Vegetarian and Vegan World